How would a tasty pancakes sound like? How about if they would taste colors of the rainbow?
Here’s a recipe for most delicious pancakes ever.
What do you need:
– Pancake mix
– Non-stick cooking spray
– Red, Orange, Purple, Blue, Yellow and Green food coloring (extra colors can be created by mixing pigments)
– Whipped creme topping
– Your choice of berries
1. Prepare the pancake batter by following the directions on the box.
2. Divide the pancake batter (depending on how many you are going to make) into 6 small bowls.
3. Make the coloured batter.
– Red: In bowl 1, drop in 4 drops of red food colouring and mix well.
– Yellow: In bowl 2, drop in 3 drops of yellow food colouring and mix well.
– Orange: In bowl 3, drop in 5 drops of red and 5 drops of yellow food colouring and mix well.
– Green: In bowl 4, drop in 4 drops of green food colouring and mix well.
– Blue: In bowl 5, drop in 4 drops of blue food colouring and mix well.
– Purple: In bowl 6, drop in 5 drops of blue and 5 drops of red food colouring and mix well.
4. Preheat a griddle on medium-low heat.
5. Spray cooking spray on the pan to prevent the pancakes from sticking. Keeping the heat medium-low prevents the pancakes from cooking too fast and keeps them from turning brown. Remember, you want rainbow pancakes, not brown!
6. Pour a cup full of batter into the griddle or frying pan and cook until ready to flip. You should see lots of bubbles on the top and be able to handle the bottom of the pancake without batter flowing everywhere into the pan. That is how you know when to flip.
7. Cook on the other side for about 1 minute and place on a plate.
8. Continue with the other colour batters until you have all of the pancakes cooked.
9. Stack your pancakes however you like. Serve and enjoy!
– To remember the colors and order of the rainbow’s spectrum, recall the famous, but mythical physicist, Roy G. Biv (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet)
– Choose your choice of toppings! From fruit to whipped creme, there are many things you can top these colourful cakes with!
– An easier method of remembering the order of the rainbow’s colours is Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain.
– Put butter on the pancakes for a great taste.
Photo from I.F.S.